Here’s a fabulous variation to a snack loaded with healthy fats and protein, courtesy of our resident health coach / chef Kim Baur. ENJOY!!
- Food processor
- Citrus juicer
- Small skillet (not coated)
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinse the liquid
- Juice of 2 lemons (or 1⁄4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 heaping Tbsp tahini sauce
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- Lightly toast the seeds in the skillet over medium heat.
- In the food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
You will need to scrape the sides of your food processor bowl several times, or add a
little more lemon juice or water if desired.
by Kim Baur www.steppingstone-wellness.com