Do you want to get more out of your food, such as more nutrients and antioxidants, and less toxins for your body to process? Make the choice to eat organic. This is why:
1. You get more nutrients and flavors
Fruits & Veggies:
- Higher level of antioxidants and micronutrients like phosphorus
- Less pesticides
- More seasonally driven, so most flavorful and ripe when you buy them
- Higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Lower toxic load from harmful preservatives/additives
2. Less additives, chemicals from pesticides = less toxic load to YOU
3. You are supporting the environment
Organic farming practices reduce pollution, conserve water, reduce soil erosion, increase soil fertility, and use less energy. Farming without pesticides is also better for nearby animals and people.
4. It doesn’t always break your bank
- Join a CSA service (Community Supported Agriculture). Look here for one near you.
- Hit up your local farmer’s market weekly.
- Use Grubmarket.com for cheap, local, organic produce and get it delivered directly your door!
- Start small by switching to choosing organically from the DIRTY DOZEN list provided by the Environmental Work Group, and learn which conventional vegetables are safe and have lower contaminants in the CLEAN FIFTEEN LIST.
Invest in your health, and consider switching to organic. Being healthy and energized is the ultimate cost savings.
Happy Food Shopping!
Dr. Onna Lo