Here you are. Day 1 after the shakes and the restrictions. What do you do?
First, pay attention to how you are feeling? What are some symptoms that you used to have that you don’t have anymore? What are symptoms that are residual? Take the Medical Symptoms Questionnaire and see how you do compare to 2 weeks ago. Share with others your accomplishment. Positive results always inspires other to make health changes.
Here are some tips to Transitioning out of a detox.
If you want to continue the benefits of improved energy, optimal weight and decreased inflammation, or still have residual symptoms, continue to keep out these bad ones…
- Processed foods
- Any food or drink with added sugar
Honey, molasses, agave, maple syrup, organic cane juice or artificial sweeteners, especially any sugar-sweetened beverages or fruit juices
- Hydrogenated oils and refined vegetable oils (like corn or soybean oil)
- Artificial sweeteners, preservatives, additives, coloring, or dyes –
- Anything sugar or flour based (cookies, cakes, candies, etc.)
- Gluten based foods
- Soy and peanuts
- Keep to less than 1 serving per day of non gluten cereal grains such as rice, millet, quinoa, corn (if you do not have a food reaction to them)
Then in 3-4 months, when your health goals are met and you are feeling pretty good, your toxicity score for How toxic are You are under 10. Slowly re-introduce these foods 1 by 1, every 3rd day, to see if you have any recurrence or exacerbation of symptoms.
- Dairy (preferably in the form of Kefir, or unsweetened yoghurt)
- Soy (Use Organic only and Avoid GMO)
Continue to avoid Corn, rice, and other cereal grains because of their high carbohydrate content.