Turmeric has been used for many years to fight depression, aches and pains, inflammation, degenerative brain disorders, heart disease, and preventing cancer, and common colds.
You can make it with dairy free milk. It is important to cook in an oil in order to release the medicinal benefits of turmeric. To get the full anti-inflammatory benefits, drink it first thing in the morning and before bed, and avoid eating for another 30 minutes after. This recipe allows you to make your Golden Milk in batches.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for the Golden paste:
- ½ cup of turmeric powder
- 1 cup of water
- small pinch of black pepper
Directions for the Golden paste:
- Cook the ingredients at low – medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, until it has a “toothpaste” consistency. Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to three weeks.
Ingredients for the Golden milk:
- 1 tablespoon of golden paste
- 2 cups of dairy free milk made from coconut, almond, soy, rice, hemp
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- optional: pinch of cinnamon, or 1 tsp of honey
Directions for the Golden Milk:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Golden paste with the milk, oil, blackpepper and optional sweetener.
- Heat in small pot SLOWLY while stirring until well.
- Ready to serve.