Your 14 Days Detox – Frequently Asked Questions
Will it be uncomfortable?
- There are bound to be differing opinions about the change in diet, but this detox is designed to be gentle and easy to follow. Remember, it is not a fast, nor is it a colon cleanse, both of which are very harsh on your system. You will be eating plenty of food and the shakes are pleasant-tasting. You may feel slight withdrawal symptoms in the first few days if you are giving up a lot of caffeine or sugar. Be patient, the symptoms will pass, and it will all be worth it! Drinking lots of water and making sure your bowels are moving is key. Also, use our Facebook group to get support.
Will I be in the bathroom all day?
- It is very important to consume extra water while on this program to help flush out toxins. Therefore, most people urinate more often than usual on this program.
Will I lose weight?
- This is not designed to be a weight loss program. However, many people do lose weight during the course of this detox program. Some reasons for weight loss include: lower than usual caloric intake due to replacing meals with shakes, removing sugar from the diet, releasing toxins from fat stores, and decreasing consumption of allergenic foods such as wheat and dairy.
Will I get headaches?
- Some people experience headaches during the first few days of their detox due to sugar and caffeine withdrawal. You may want to gradually decrease the intake of these substances one week prior to detoxification to minimize discomfort.
Can I exercise?
- You may exercise normally (monitor yourself, of course). Some days you may feel fatigued. On these days, you may want to limit yourself to gentle movement such as walking, stretching, yoga, etc.
Should I continue with my regular vitamins?
- This PaleoCleanse Plus kit contains a variety of vitamins and other nutrients to help meet your daily requirements, continue to take any medically prescribed pharmaceuticals. Ask your health care practitioner if you have any specific questions.
Should I choose organic produce?
- Organic is preferred, but not mandatory, to obtain the benefits of this program. When possible, choose the organic variety of the following fruits and vegetables:
- Bell Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Kale/Collard Greens
- Grapes (Imported)
- If organic varieties are not available, the following fresh fruits and vegetables consistently have the lowest levels of pesticides and are the safest choices for conventionally grown produce:
- Sweet Corn
- Sweet Potato
- Honeydew Melon