Welcome to Day 8 of the 14 Day Detox!
Resources for your long-term success are important in the Paleo meal plan. Take a moment to visit www.thepaleomom.com. This website is a phenomenal resource for recipes and better understanding the joy of Paleo eating. Remember, stay compliant on your detox and you will be rewarded with a healthier body. Plan leftovers for convenient lunches and to save time cooking.
Recipe can be found on thepaleomom.com
- 4 6-8oz salmon steaks or fillets
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped (you could also use about 1 Tbsp dried tarragon)
- 2 tsp lemon zest (save the rest of the lemon for squeezing juice over the fish fresh out of the oven)
- ⅛ tsp salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp cracked or ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Use a silicone liner in a rimmed baking sheet when cooking fish because it makes clean-up so much easier. You could also line with foil or parchment paper, or simply grease the baking sheet with a high smoke point fat like tallow, palm shortening, or avocado oil.
- Combine your finely chopped tarragon, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the top of your salmon (you won’t be flipping your fish, so no need to do both sides; if your salmon has skin on one side, place that side down on your baking sheet and season the other side).
- Bake for 15 minutes, until opaque throughout and segments flake apart easily. Serve with fresh lemon to squeeze over the top if you like. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 min. Cook Time: 15 min. Total Time: 20 m