YOU’RE HALFWAY THERE!!!!!!!
Be proud of yourself! You are on your way to completing an integral part of your journey to wellness. The process of detoxification is similar to buying a previously owned home. You find a home you like and make a financial commitment. Yet to make the home truly yours, you clean it and furnish it to fit your new lifestyle. The same is true in this step of detoxification, where you clean your body in preparation for new “furnishings,” which include:
- Daily intake of fruits and vegetables
- Proper daily intake of proteins
- Nutrient supplementation when necessary
- Physical activity to promote heart health and improved muscle tone
- And a daily practice of breath and meditation.
CABBAGE-LEAF TACOS WITH COD AND MANGO SALSA
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 16-24 oz cod fillet
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red cabbage, outer leaves carefully removed
- 1 cup romaine, shredded
- 1 lime, juiced
- a few sprigs cilantro, for garnish
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Wash, dry, and debone the cod fillets.
- In a small bowl, combine the sea salt, ginger, and garlic powders. Sprinkle the mixture on both sides of the fish, spreading with your fingers.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Cook the fish for a few minutes per side, or longer depending on the thickness of the fillet. It is finished when the fish easily flakes. Remove from the pan and place in a small bowl, breaking up the flakes of fish and coating with lime juice.
- Assemble a taco with a cabbage leaf, lettuce, fish, and mango salsa, garnishing with cilantro leaves.
Prep Time: 25 min. Cook Time: 10 min. Total Time: 35 min.