Welcome to Day 5 of the 14 Day Detox!
Today you may notice what many refer to as “a mental fog being lifted.” As trapped toxins are liberated and excreted from your body, the brain receives many benefits since toxicity interferes with neurotransmitter and neuron function.
Your whole body is benefiting from your commitment. Try today’s delicious and easy recipe. We encourage you to take note of recipes that works for you, so that you can use them for even after the detox.
Moroccan Burgers and Beet Salad
Recipe can be found on everydaypaleo.com
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Mix all of the above ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Form into burgers and grill or pan fry for 4-5 minutes per side over medium heat for a medium burger or longer if you want it cooked through more. Makes approximately 8-10 burgers depending on how big you make them.
Moroccan Beet Salad
- 4 large beets (about 3 cups diced after cooked)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt to taste
1. Wash the beets and cut them in half (leaving the skin on). If you have a pressure cooker, place them in the bottom of the pressure cooker, add about 2 cups of water, lock the lid and bring to pressure over high heat. Turn down to low and cook for 15 minutes or until tender. If you do NOT have a pressure cooker, put the beets into a pot, cover with water, bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender. Remove the beets from the pressure cooker or pot and set aside to cool. Once cool, the peels will easily come off.
2. Peel the cooled beets and dice into bite size pieces and place the diced beets in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 30 min Total Time: 45 min