Welcome to Day 12 of the 14 Day Detox!
This detox program is not designed to be a weight loss program. However, many people do lose weight during the course of this detox program. Some reasons for weight loss include: lower than usual caloric intake due to replacing meals with shakes, removing sugar from the diet, releasing toxins from fat stores, and decreasing consumption of allergenic foods such as wheat and dairy.
If you want to maintain your weight after detox, consider keeping this diet for as long as you want. In general, it’s a safe, healthy diet to be on long term.
ROASTED CITRUS HERB CHICKEN
Recipe can be found on paleoleap.com
- 3 to 4 lbs. bone-in chicken parts
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 to 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 to 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400° F
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, orange juice, lemon juice, dried oregano, paprika, diced onion, red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half the orange slices and half the lemon slices at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the sliced orange in the baking dish, and season to taste.
- Top the chicken with the thyme, rosemary, and remaining orange and lemon slices.
- Drizzle the orange-lemon juice mixture all over the chicken.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes.
Prep Time: 20 min. Cook Time: 60 min. Total Time: 80 min.