Its sweetness and flavor is heavenly when you drink it right away. You are also eliminating additives like carrageenan that’s been associated with adverse health effects.
Because of its light taste, it can be used in place of regular milk in recipes for baking. We also use the leftover almond pulp to make almond flour for use in recipes!
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup raw organic almonds
- 4 cups pure filtered water
- 1 pinch cinnamon (option)
- dates, honey (optional)
- Soak almonds for at least 12 hours in pure water with ½ tsp sea salt.
- Rinse almonds well. Mix almonds with pure water in blender or Vitamix for 3-5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Strain mixture into a large bowl through a cheese cloth.
- (Optional) Put mixture back into blender with soaked dates, or honey.
- Pour into glass jar and store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- To make almond flour, save the pulp of the almonds, put on cookie sheet and dehydrate in oven on 200 degree until completely dry. Run through blender or food processor to make almond flour, which can be used in
recipes in place of flour.